Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group
All information for the Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway running group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mount Sneffels Marathon - Ouray, Colorado, August 10, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index -> Upcoming Marathons and Races
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you interested?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Dave Conrad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Mount Sneffels Marathon - Ouray, Colorado, August 10, 2013 Reply with quote

This is an invitation to ALL Cincinnati Galloway to come to our little town of Ouray, Colorado and run the Mt Sneffels Marathon, Saturday, August 10, 2013. We will do our very best to accommodate everyone. This is a run at altitude, starting at 6700 feet and running mostly on a gravel road (old train grade) from Ridgway up to about 7700 feet to Ouray and return back. Suggested itineary is to travel on Friday, August 9... Run on Saturday, August 10... play (get up into the mountains) on Sunday, August 11... travel back to Cincinnati on Monday, August 12. We'll provide our own pace groups... this is a race to RUN and enjoy. There is also a half marathon for those so inclined. Ouray is a beautiful place, nick named "The Switzerland of America". We hope you'll join us.
The race director, John Ferguson, is a personal friend, and runs a very good little race.
More details can be found at
mtsneffelsmarathon.com
We hope you'll join us!
Dave & Sue
riverseg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Ouray Marathon Reply with quote

Friends: I ran the Mt. Sneffels half-marathon in August 2009, the year before the full marathon was initiated. Ouray is surrounded by mountains, and the course for the half left Ouray and went north through the valley to Ridgewood, CO. Course was a very gentle downhill on mostly gravel and dirt roads. Scenery was magnificent and we basically ran in open country through ranch territory. (Boulder Marathon is similar, but Rockies are only on the west, the north, east, and south being open plains.)

I can't say enough good things about Ouray, my fondest memory being the spring-fed pool in the middle of town that is subdivided into three pools of different temperatures. Ouray is a real western town, with only one paved road, the main drag.

I will be there. Hope to see many of you.

Earl
tim hubbard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: uh...absolutely yes! Reply with quote

Dave-

Corrie and I are absolutely interested.

tim
jeffraber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Kim and Jeff would like to join Reply with quote

If we can make it, we will!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index -> Upcoming Marathons and Races All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: