Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group
All information for the Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway running group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Run 4 Kids Campaign - Pete Strople's Daughter (Crista Horn)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index -> Upcoming Marathons and Races
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Alonso
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Run 4 Kids Campaign - Pete Strople's Daughter (Crista Horn) Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

This July I hope to run the Missoula, Montana marathon with my father to complete his 46th state. As many of you know, my father started his journey in the spring of 2004 when he announced, as part of his bucket list, he'd like to run a marathon. He has never looked back. In just 9 years my father has run a marathon in 43 states, some of which he's run 2-3 times to run over 50 marathons altogether. He hopes to complete all 50 states within the next year.

Shortly after retirement this winter, my father, a man who cannot sit still, herniated his back removing snow from the roof of his house in New Hampshire. He suffers from sciatic pain, sometimes losing feeling in his left leg and foot. My cousin Patience and I held off from registering for the Missoula Marathon because we were unsure of whether my father could run. We should have known better. My father is going ahead with his plan to run Burlington, Vermont this weekend with his Cincinnati running buddies, Anchorage, Alaska in June with Patience, and Missoula, Montana in July. Patience and I want to be by his side to support him for this race. Unfortunately, we missed out on registering for the marathon before it closed.

That brings me to why I am writing to you. Patience and I are able to run with my father by raising money for a charity called Run 4 Kids. Run 4 Kids supports Youth Homes, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping children and youth in need. This charity truly speaks to my heart because of my life long passion and commitment to helping children, especially those who suffer from poverty, abuse, and/or neglect. I feel honored to help fund raise for Youth Homes, knowing I will continue to make a difference for children in need.

I am writing to request a small donation. I want to be by my father's side when he completes his 46th state. Raising money to support my passion of helping children in need is a great way to accomplish this goal.

Thank you for your support. The link to the website is below.

http://www.crowdrise.com/teamyouthhomesrun4kids2013/fundraiser/patiencemcginnis

Sincerely,
Crista Strople Horn
sprandall

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: christa's run Reply with quote

i just went on crista's fund raising web site and she has already raised enough money!!!
KimRaber

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was quick! Great job!

- Kim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index -> Upcoming Marathons and Races All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: