Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group
All information for the Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway running group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Runs Week of June 3 - CORRECTED SAT LOCATION

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index -> Upcoming Training Runs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Alonso

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Runs Week of June 3 - CORRECTED SAT LOCATION Reply with quote

Thanks to Earl Rivers for hosting a run at his lovely Clifton home! This is our second full week of training for the 2017 Indy Monumental Half and Full Marathon (held on Saturday, November 4, 2017). The link to the Google Doc that has our training schedule is now available in this post. The schedule will also let you train for the USAF Half and Full, Queen Bee Half, Columbus Half and Full, and the Baltimore Full. Register for this training season by going to this link - http://www.active.com/cincinnati-oh/running/cincinnati-oh-galloway-training-program-may-20-nov-4-2017

For this season, we are going to try using a 30-second walk break on some of the long Saturday runs. Jeff Galloway has recommended using this shortened walk break, based on work he's done back in 2014 and 2015. Go to this thread in our forum and download the Google Docs file that describes all the details. Essentially, we would run half the interval time to match up with walking half of the 1 minute we typically do. We'll talk more about this over the coming weeks.

Next Wednesday (June 7) is National Running Day. We will take a break from our hill repeat workout schedule and participate with Fleet Feet in their Big Run. There will be 1, 3, and 6 mile options for the distance that evening. It starts at 6:30pm at the Blue Ash location (9525 Kenwood Rd #42, Blue Ash, OH 45242). We plan on doing 3 miles. Please sign up for this event at the following registration link no later than June 2 - https://runsignup.com/Race/ST/city/thebigruncincy

Here are the workouts for this week.

Wednesday, May 31st - Hill Repeats
We encourage everyone (“to finish” and “time goal” runners) to participate in hill repeats. It is a good running specific workout that Jeff Galloway strongly recommends to build leg strength for longer distance and mental endurance to conquer inclines. They make you stronger and you’ll be passing everyone on the hills! We will do THREE sets this week, which consists of 4 up-and-down intervals for each set. We are going to run from our meeting location to Menlo Ave (just off Observatory after turning the corner from Madison Rd) and use it for the hill workout.
TIME: 6:00pm
LOCATION: in front of Bob Roncker's Running Spot in O'bryonville, 1993 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH 45208.

Saturday, June 3rd - Long Slow Run
TIME
Baltimore "time goal" marathoners only: meet at 6:45am to run at 7:00am (2 miles)
all other "time goal" marathoners and Baltimore "to finish" marathoners: meet at 7:15am to run at 7:30am (2 miles)
all other "to finish" marathoners and all half-marathoners: meet at 7:45am to run at 8:00am
LOCATION: Su Randall's Home, 7109 Ravens Run, Cincinnati, OH 45244 (Anderson Township area) <-- change to this from Newport on the Levee
DISTANCE: 7 miles for "to finish" marathoners/9 miles for "time goal" marathoners and 5 miles for "to finish" half marathoners (Baltimore people are adding 2 on to either the 7 or 9 miles)
sprandall

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Routes/House stuff Reply with quote

Scott will most likely be on the golf course during our various start times, so if you get to my house and I am out running, make yourself at home. The closest bathroom is right inside the garage door...I have two dogs...both of whom will bark but they will also stop barking. Milo is the white one (he will stop barking at you if you let him smell your open palm) and Jimmy is the black one that resembles a horse. Just ignore them or yell NO if they bug you.

If you return before me, take out any food that is in the refrigerator, have a cup of coffee....check to see if the egg casserole is done (I am using the delay timer feature for the first time in my life.....)

NO COMPLAINING ABOUT THE HILLS!!!! We are not doing hill repeats next week, so you are getting a little hill workout now!!!

Lori Davis needs two extra miles, so she will be starting earlier...text her or post if you also need extra miles.

Here are the routes:

4 MILES (for those time goal Baltimore folks who may choose to go out for 4 miles first, instead of 2, 2 mile loops):
Right out of driveway
Right onto sidewalk to the bike path
Right on bike path access
Left on Bike Path....follow this to State Rd. (library is on the right) turn around and return to my house

2 MILES
Right out of driveway
Right onto sidewalk to the bike path
Left on Bike path.....follow this until you see the sign about a bike and then return

5 MILES (half marathoners)
Right out of driveway
Right on sidewalk to the bike path
Right on bike path...go to the end of the bike path, turn around (yes, you can do that big hill!!) proceed to the end (library is on the right) turn around
When you get to the bike path access (bench is your marker) you should have only .5 left...if you are short...add some distance before returning

7 MILES
Right out of driveway
Right on sidewalk to the bike path
Right on bike path...go to the end of the bike path, turn around (yes, you can do that big hill!!) proceed to the end of this portion (library is on the right)..cross both 5Mile Rd. and State street to get back on the bike path (Health Plex will be on the left)...follow this to the Anderson Center..go around the center and return...(when you get to the bench to turn back to my house, check your mileage as this is .5 from my house..if you need more, add it here)
sprandall

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention..the pool heater is on and pool will be about 88 degrees...for your floating pleasure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index -> Upcoming Training Runs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: