Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group
All information for the Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway running group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Runs Week of Dec 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index -> Upcoming Training Runs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Alonso

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Runs Week of Dec 9 Reply with quote

Thanks to Earl Rivers for hosting us from his Clifton home, and congratulations to everyone who powered through the hilly route! This week, we continue on with our hill repeat training on Wednesday, and Saturday we will be doing our first magic mile trial. Please read the "Tip" comments below to understand why this is an important part of Jeff Galloway's training method. All participants who finish the magic mile will receive a little something to commemorate the effort.

Registration remains open. Go to the following link to complete the signup process for this season's training session - https://www.active.com/cincinnati-oh/running/distance-running-programs/cincinnati-oh-galloway-training-program-nov-18-may-6-2018-2017

If you have any question about the registration fee, you can contact me at machboy@fuse.net ahead of time. For the fee, you get the following benefits -

¨ Group support structure for training.

¨ Set training schedule (includes time-goal driven training for experienced runners).

¨ In-depth advice on running techniques, gear, nutrition, and injury prevention.

¨ Technical shirts (one with the Jeff Galloway training logo and the other with an exclusive one-time only "Pig 20" design for the Cincinnati group)

Here are the workouts for this week -

Wednesday, December 6th - Hill Repeats
We encourage everyone (“to finish” and “time goal” runners) to participate in hill repeats. It is a good running specific workout that Jeff Galloway strongly recommends to build leg strength for longer distance and mental endurance to conquer inclines. They make you stronger and you’ll be passing everyone on the hills! We will do FOUR sets this week, which consists of 4 up-and-down intervals for each set. We are going to run from our meeting location to Bedford Street and use it for the hill workout.
TIME: 6:00pm
LOCATION: in front of Bob Roncker's Running Spot in O'bryonville, 1993 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH 45208

Saturday, December 9th - Magic Mile Trail and Long Slow Run
TIME: meet at 7:45am to run at 8:00am
LOCATION: Withrow High School track, 2488 Madison Road, Cincinnati OH 45208 (enter the parking lot off Dana Avenue from the I71 exit; head east on Dana away from I71, turning left into the lot before you get to the intersection of Dana and Madison)
DISTANCE: 5 miles for "to finish" marathoners/5 miles for "time goal" marathoners and 4 miles for "to finish" half marathoners" (all distances include 1 mile to warm up and 1 magic mile)

Tip of the Week - from Jeff Galloway's website
The Magic Mile - helping you to predict your performance

See Jeff's website to get the scoop on why we do a magic mile trial - http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/magic-mile/
sprandall

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vickie and I are planning to add 6 miles to the run AFTER we celebrate and ENJOY the Magic Mile and the planned group run. Who wants to join us?
LoriWatt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Su and Vickie- yes please! I would love to join you guys for some miles after the group run. I need to get in a total of 19ish so I'll likely run a few before the group meets as well. If anyone else needs some miles before, let me know. Very Happy
Tony Alonso

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: SATURDAY - Turn-by-Turn Directions Reply with quote

FOUR MILE RUN – INCLUDES 1 MI WARM-UP AND 1 MM AT TRACK
4 LAPS AROUND THE TRACK TO WARM-UP
4 LAPS AROUND THE TRACK FOR MAGIC MILE
EXIT PARKING LOT AND TURN LEFT ON TO DANA
CROSS INTERSECTION OF DANA AND MADISON (DANA TURNS INTO OBSERVATORY AFTER CROSSING)
OBSERVATORY TO BERRY
LEFT ON BERRY
LEFT ON ERIE
LEFT ON MADISON
RIGHT ON DANA AND HEAD BACK TO HS PARKING LOT

FIVE MILE RUN – INCLUDES 1 MI WARM-UP AND 1 MM AT TRACK
CROSS INTERSECTION OF DANA AND MADISON (DANA TURNS INTO OBSERVATORY AFTER CROSSING)
OBSERVATORY TO SHAW
LEFT ON SHAW
LEFT ON ERIE
LEFT ON MADISON

SIX MILE RUN – INCLUDES 1 MI WARM-UP AND 1 MM AT TRACK
OBSERVATORY TO GRACE
LEFT ON GRACE
LEFT ON ERIE
LEFT ON MADISON
ritalb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in extra miles !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index -> Upcoming Training Runs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: