Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group
All information for the Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway running group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Runs Week of June 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index -> Upcoming Training Runs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Alonso

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Runs Week of June 24 Reply with quote

Congratulations to everyone who made it through the warm and humid weather last week, and thanks to Cherie Hagerty for hosting us last Saturday! This Saturday, we will be doing our first magic mile trial of the season. If you continue to try the 30-second walk breaks, I hope you find them beneficial. Please ask if you have questions on why we are doing this and how to do this, based on the guidelines from Jeff Galloway. Go to this thread in our forum and download the Google Docs file that describes all the details. Recall we are running half the interval time to match up with walking half of the 1 minute we typically do.

Registration for this training season remains open. Our schedule, available in this post, shows you the progression to train for the Indy Monumental Half and Full Marathon, as well as the USAF Half and Full Marathon, Queen Bee Half Marathon, Columbus Half and Full Marathon, and the Baltimore Marathon. Register for this training season by going to this link - http://www.active.com/cincinnati-oh/running/cincinnati-oh-galloway-training-program-may-20-nov-4-2017

The weather continues to be warm, so be sure to bring extra fluids. It might take a few workouts before you become acclimated to the temperature and humidity increases we're seeing.

Here are the workouts for this week.

Wednesday, June 21st - Hill Repeats
We encourage everyone (“to finish” and “time goal” runners) to participate in hill repeats. It is a good running specific workout that Jeff Galloway strongly recommends to build leg strength for longer distance and mental endurance to conquer inclines. They make you stronger and you’ll be passing everyone on the hills! We will do FIVE sets this week, which consists of 4 up-and-down intervals for each set. We are going to run from our meeting location to Menlo Ave (just off Observatory after turning the corner from Madison Rd) and use it for the hill workout.
TIME: 6:00pm
LOCATION: in front of The Running Spot in O'bryonville, 1993 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH 45208

Saturday, June 24th - Long Slow Run & Magic Mile Trial
TIME: meet at 7:30am to run at 7:45am
LOCATION: Nagel Middle School, 1500 Nagel Road, Cincinnati, OH 45255 (after the workout, Lori Davis will host us at her home, 7516 Kingstonview Ct., Cincinnati, OH 45255, Anderson Township)
DISTANCE: 5 miles for "to finish" marathoners/5 miles for "time goal" marathoners and 5 miles for "to finish" half marathoners (all distances include a 1-mile warm-up and the magic mile)

Tip of the Week - from Jeff Galloway's website
The Magic Mile - helping you to predict your performance

See Jeff's website to get the scoop on why we do a magic mile trial - http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/magic-mile/
LoriWatt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to start at 6:15 so that I can get in some extra miles. If anyone would like to meet me at any point between 6:15 and when the group starts at 7:45, let me know. Smile
corrie3434

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim and I will be there at 6:15 to run early
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index -> Upcoming Training Runs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: