Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group
All information for the Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway running group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Runs Week of Dec 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index -> Upcoming Training Runs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Alonso

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Runs Week of Dec 30 Reply with quote

Hopefully folks enjoyed the short run this past Saturday in Mariemont. It's going to be pretty cold this week for both our workouts, but as of now, we plan to hold them. Read the "Tip of the Week" below for reminders about how to dress for cold weather running. This coming weekend, we will be back up in distance. We'll do parts of the Pig course again.

For every week between now and the week of the Flying Pig, I will be providing a weekly "Pig20" countdown commemorative event on the Saturday runs. This started back a few weeks ago with pig snout cookies at the magic mile and continued last weekend with a drawing to win a flying pig flapping wing hat. We'll do something every week since we are less than 20 weeks away from the Pig! Come on out to see what's next.

Here are the workouts for this week -

Wednesday, December 27th - Hill Repeats
We encourage everyone (“to finish” and “time goal” runners) to participate in hill repeats. It is a good running specific workout that Jeff Galloway strongly recommends to build leg strength for longer distance and mental endurance to conquer inclines. They make you stronger and you’ll be passing everyone on the hills! We will do SEVEN sets this week, which consists of 4 up-and-down intervals for each set. We are going to run from our meeting location to Bedford Street and use it for the hill workout.
TIME: 6:00pm
LOCATION: in front of Bob Roncker's Running Spot in O'bryonville, 1993 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH 45208

Saturday, December 30th - Long Slow Run
TIME
"time goal" marathoners only: meet at 7:15am to run at 7:30am (2 miles)
"to finish" marathoners and half-marathoners: meet at 7:45am to run at 8:00am
LOCATION: Gallery Entrance at Newport on the Levee, 1 Levee Way (on 3rd Street), Newport, KY 41071
DISTANCE: 11 miles for "to finish" marathoners/13 miles for "time goal" marathoners and 6 miles for "to finish" half marathoners

Tip of the Week from Jeff Galloway
Cold Weather Running - http://www.jeffgalloway.com/2010/12/14/cold-weather-running-dont-be-held-hostage-by-the-weather/
sprandall

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my long run last week (yes..in the rain...because I looked ahead to the weather prediction and even last week it predicted it REALLY cold this Saturday).

So enjoy...I'll see all of you in April!
Tony Alonso

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: SPECIAL WEATHER ALERT: Wednesday, 12/27, Workout Cancelled Reply with quote

Folks, a number of people contacted me and confirmed they are not planning to participate in tonight's hill repeat workout. We will pick it up next week.

Stay warm! Watch this forum or the Facebook group for any changes for this coming Saturday's run.
Marie Upton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: see you next week if it is warmer Reply with quote

I will be doing my workout later in day or on a treadmill. Enjoy!
Marie
sprandall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Long run on Friday Reply with quote

Lori D., Cathy W. and Vickie are doing their long run on Friday...starting at 8:00 at Crestview Panera (and meeting me at 11:00 for coffee!!). Please post or let one of them know if you are able to join them. I would just like to point out that they are wimps and are doing this because it will be a few degrees warmer on Friday than on Saturday. Seriously....
Tony Alonso

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: SATURDAY - Routes and Turn-by-Turn Directions Reply with quote

I will be monitoring the weather reports and posting any changes if the workout should be cancelled. However, if it is just snow in the forecast, we will have the run.

Obviously, use your judgment if the roads are difficult to travel to get to the Levee.

Watch here and the Facebook group as late as 11:00pm tonight for status updates.

Marathoners and half marathoners will run the 6-mile loop together first. Marathoners will finish with the 5-mile loop to get 11 miles total. "Time goal" marathoners should show up earlier for the extra 2 miles.

6 miles: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1676923685
5 miles: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1898474480
extra 2 miles: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1676919968

6 Mile Loop (Floodwall/Newport/Covington Run)
LEFT out of Levee Gallery Entrance on 3rd St
LEFT on Purple People Bridge
RIGHT on pedestrian walkway to Riverboat Row
Veer right away from river to KY 8 by Joe’s Crab Shack
LEFT on KY 8
LEFT on O’Fallon Ave
Get on Manhattan Blvd path on right hand side
Veer right on Manhattan Blvd path and go to end of floodwall (mi 2.95)
Turn around and re-trace route back to O’Fallon Ave
RIGHT on KY 8
RIGHT on Riverboat Row and then veer left toward Joe’s Crab Shack
Get on pedestrian walkway from Riverboat Row
RIGHT on 3rd St and return to Levee Gallery Entrance

Extra 2 Mile Loop
LEFT out of Levee
RIGHT on pedestrian walkway to Riverboat Row
Veer right away from river to KY 8 by Joe’s Crab Shack
LEFT on KY 8
Turn around at KY 8 and Taylor St
RIGHT on Riverboat Row and then veer left toward Joe’s Crab Shack
Get on pedestrian walkway from Riverboat Row

5 Mile Loop
RIGHT out of Levee Gallery Entrance
LEFT on Monmouth St
RIGHT on 4th St/KY 8
LEFT on Central Ave
RIGHT on 5th St (cross over Licking River bridge)
RIGHT on Garrard St
RIGHT on Second St (connects to Shelby St; veer left on Shelby)
LEFT on Riverside Dr
LEFT on Riverside Pl (turns into Greenup St)
RIGHT on 4th St
LEFT on Main St (by C W Bailey Bridge)
LEFT on 5th St
RIGHT on Greenup St
LEFT on 8th St
LEFT on Garrard St
RIGHT on 4th St/KY 8 (cross over Licking River bridge, merge into 5th St)
RIGHT on York St
LEFT on 8th St
LEFT on Monmouth St
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cincinnati-based Jeff Galloway Running Group Forum Index -> Upcoming Training Runs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: