Joined: 12 Feb 2007
|Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:31 am Post subject: A Runner's Ten Commandments
|Maybe you've seen this, but someone recently sent it to me and I thought I'd post it. I know I'm guilty of some of these.
1. Don't be a whiner. Nobody likes a whiner, not even another whiner.
2. Getting out of bed (walking out the door) is often the toughest part of any run.
3. Don't make running your life. Make it part of your life.
4. During group training runs, don't let anyone run alone.
5. Keep promises, especially ones made to yourself.
6. When doing group runs, start on time no matter who's missing.
7. The faster you are the less you should talk about your times.
8. Keep change in your pocket. One day you'll need to call for a ride.
9. Don't compare yourself to other runners.
10. All runners are equal, some are just faster than others.